Ideas in this issue:
- 🧠 Mindset: how to set better goals.
- 💸 Wealth: 3 tips to clean your inbox.
🧠 Mindset: How to set better goals
To stay motivated and on track, it’s important to set goals that you can reach. Here are some tips for easier, consistent progress:
1. Want to stay motivated and on track? Try making checkpoints to celebrate your progress and re-evaluate. For example, if your goal is to save $10k, you can set checkpoints every $1k or every month to look back and decide on what to do differently.
2. Change what isn’t working anymore. Life is a series of bets, and we’re in for the long game. Losing 1 bet doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.
3. Missed a step? Make it easy to try again. When we miss a step, the easier it is, the more likely we’ll try again.
For example, if you missed this week’s goal to exercise twice a week, try setting a smaller goal for next week - like doing one simple exercise. Even better, combine it with something you already do, like going for a walk after lunch.
3. How can we make a goal that’s valuable even if we don’t reach it? Goals help guide us, but our end result might be different than what we expected.
For example, becoming financially independent by a certain age may bit harder to control, especially if other people are involved. On the other hand, making sure you save and invest regularly and wisely is easier to control. Even if you don’t reach your target number, you’ll still learn important skills.
💸 Wealth: 3 tips to clean your inbox
Holidays are a great time to review email subscriptions. Here are some tips to help you tame your inbox:
- Unsubscribe from marketing emails you no longer want.
- Create an email filter to keep your inbox clean - check this 2-minute video.
- For future promotions and downloads, use a temporary email.
More: Budgeting tips coming soon!
Thanks for the feedback last week - looks like How to make a budget that sticks is a winner, so stay tuned for something in the new year 👀
Want to share this issue of Mindful Money Mondays? Copy and paste this link:
Want to give feedback? Get in touch
Until next week,